Necrohive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Java IDE & Setup

2 posters

Go down

Java IDE & Setup Empty Java IDE & Setup

Post  Movian Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:06 am

Hey,
trying to get myself setup to see if i can jump in an assist with coding (At least in some smaller areas at first till i get more comfortable with java (8 years of professional coding but in other languages)).

Just wondered what IDE your using. I got the JmonkeyEngine setup and it looks like it provides an IDE allowing for 3d viewing etc but there does not appear to be a project file for it. So I am assuming your just using the libraries and not using it as your IDE.

Once i get setup, first thing i thought i could do is help expand upon the current gang listings.

If you want to chat in real time, i will be idling in the IRC - Also have skype or e-mail. looking forward to seeing if i can help out.

Movian

Back to top Go down

Java IDE & Setup Empty Re: Java IDE & Setup

Post  Tibotanum Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:12 am

Hey,

The IDE I'm using is Eclipse. The JMonkey IDE may be better for JMonkey coding but I'm just more familiar with Eclipse as this is also the standard IDE for Java at my company.

Basically you need to pull the repository from Github and then set up an Eclipse project on top of that.

Maybe I can provide the details later. It's too late now, my bed is calling. Wink

Tibotanum
Ganger

Back to top Go down